Saturday, April 14, 2012

BOOKS THAT HAVE ROCKED MY WORLD !!!


I have always been a lover of books. As I have indulged this passion over the years, there have been many books that have greatly impacted my thinking, and by extension, my life and ministry. The last few years, however, God has providentially brought some books into my life that, along with His Word and His supernatural working in my heart, have shocked me and rocked me to the core.

I would like to encourage you to read every one of them. Just a word of caution, though. A stick of dynamite wouldn't do to your life what these books will do!

Here is the list. (Note) The last book on the list is not the last one I read, nor does it come last in terms of impact. However it is the book that, added to the weight of the others, God used to bring me to a place I've never been before, spiritually. NO TURNING BACK!

Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper

Let The Nations Be Glad
by John Piper

Radical by David Platt

Heaven by Randy Alcorn

Peace Child by Don Richardson

Lords of the Earth by Don Richarson

Bruchko by Bruce Olson

Reckless Abandon by David Sitton

1 comment:

Josue Rogers said...

The last one is the only one I have not read. Another one along these lines is Mark Cahill "One thing you can't do in heaven."
I would also add the Journal of David Livingstone
and the Journal of Jim Elliot - I read it with my daughter.