I was tagged by Marcian to do this Meme which is to consist of 7 things about me that you should know. Wow! That's gonna be hard. There's just not that much to know about me. Anyway, here goes nuthin'.
1. I was born at Presbyterian hospital in Knoxville, Tn. I guess that's why I have always leaned toward Calvinism. That hospital is located very near the campus of the University of Tennessee, so that's probably why I'm so smart.
2. I have only one sibling, a younger brother, with whom, aside from the same parents, I have almost nothing in common.
3. There are a bunch of preachers in my family. My maternal Grandfather was a Methodist preacher, my Dad is a Baptist preacher, my Dad's sister's husband is a Baptist preacher, their oldest son is a Baptist preacher, and my two sons are also B.P.'s . It must be genetic or something.
4. My wife and I were married the 30th of December, 1972. I was 18 and she was 17. She has graciously endured the up's and down's of life with me for over 34 years.
5. We have 9 grandchildren, each of which, is the cutest, smartest, most tallented child I have ever seen.
6. I love pastoring. I love verse-by-verse preaching. I long for the mission field. I wish that I could pastor, be a foreign missionary and train young missionaries, all a the same time. My dream would be to pastor a church near the Mexico-U.S. border where I could work some in Mexico, and have a ministry in that church to help missionaries get prepared to work on the "field".
7. I love old Chevy trucks. I try to not be so interested in 'em, but I'm weak. Every time I think I've gotten victory, one of them seems to follow me home.