Saturday, July 01, 2006

ODDS AND ENDS

At the moment we are awaiting the launch of the space shuttle. My wife and I have a pretty good view of the shuttle from our yard as it clears the tree tops .
The shuttle is very important to our town because this area is almost totally dependant on the space industry.
Many of our church folks either are now working at "the Cape" or are retired from there.
One of our most faithful ladies works directly on the shuttle.
DIGITAL CAMERA
I heard that Office Depot had a digital camera on sale with the photo printer for $100, so off to Merrit Island I went to snag one. They were sold out. Bummer! But there is good news. I whined about how I can't never git nuthin' to one of my deacons. He said I'm going on a trip, so I'll see if I can find one in another town. He called about 3 hours later and said," I got one." Ain't he a nice deacon?
REAL ESTATE
For those who are interested, I passed my real estate test with semi-flying colors.
FUTURE POST
I am working on a post (or posts )on Luke 13:23..."are there few that be saved?" I'm gonna have to require all readers to wear seat belts. It could get a little rough.
SITE METER
I just broke 1000 hits on this blog. Never mind that 900 of them were me clicking away and then clicking back.
MACARTHUR BOOK
My lovely wife, Jan, went to the mail box a few minutes ago and returned with a nifty little book by John Mac entitled THE QUEST FOR CHARACTER . How did he know that I needed a book on character? Hey, Jan ! Have you been talking to MacArthur?

3 comments:

Neil said...

I am so jealous. Watching the shuttle take off would be marvelous. Maybe it'll go on the 4th.

You can tell sitemeter to ignore visits from your own computer if you like. When I did that, I became even more humble than I was already. I am quite proud of my humility level.

D.J. Cimino said...

I would love to see a launch!

BTW, the selt belt is securly fastned, my tray is in place and my seat back is in a full and upright position...!

Garry Weaver said...

Bug and D.J.,
I have extra bedrooms so come on and watch.

BTW Bring your own food.